Emma Mary Jane Shoe - Soft Gold
Footmates® shoes are designed to provide the best environment, support, and motion for all stages of your child's development. Best known for its' classic style of footwear, Footmates® uses only the finest materials for its' high quality sandals, saddle shoes, english sandals, t-straps, mary janes and oxfords.
- Custom Fit System – Removable, dual insoles in Medium and Wide provided for customized fitting.
- Roomy Toe Box – Allows tiny toes room to breathe and splay naturally during walking, enhancing balance and reducing rubbing, friction, and moisture.
- Arch Support – Shoe last and insole designed to provide proper arch support for developing feet.
- Firm Heel Counter – Provides stable lateral support for new and confident walkers alike, improving balance, support, and posture.
- Premium smooth leather upper.
- Breathable leather lining and cushioned leather lined foot-bed for all-day comfort.
- Single strap Hook & Loop Mary-Jane closure for secure fitting and easy on/off.
- Flexible, Slip-Resistant Rubber Outsole – Provides maximum flexibility, shock absorption, stability and slip-resistance for safety and comfort.
- Non-marking outsole.
Every foot is unique and every brand utilizes different shoe specifications when making their shoes. Thus, there is no single or "perfect" measuring device for all footwear brands. Trying the shoes on is still the only way to truly know if you have selected the correct size with the proper "growing room" for the shoe you are purchasing. With this in mind, and utilizing our decades long experience with fitting children we have developed this unique sizing tool.
DOWNLOAD the Footmate Size Chart to get the right fit.
Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. has been producing and distributing the finest children’s footwear for over 90 years!
Founded in Lititz, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania in 1928 by the brothers Norman and Paul Badorf, Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. was owned and operated by the Badorf family for almost 40 years.
In 1967, Badorf family friends Ura and Gladys Gingerich purchased the Company and the original West Lincoln Avenue shoe factory.
Over 50 years and three generations later, the Gingerich family tradition continues with Ura and Gladys’ son Duane Gingerich and Duane’s sons, Justin and Brandon Gingerich.
- 1928-1968: Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. operates as a private label production factory manufacturing products for existing footwear brands and large chain stores.
- 1968: Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. launches the Footmates® brand; the first company-owned private brand, specializing in high quality, leather, infant and toddler footwear.
- 1977: Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. wins the “American Designer Award” from the Leather Industries of America, for the Footmates® high-top infant bootie style “Todd”. Although having been updated throughout the years, the “Todd” is still available and one of the best-selling Footmates® patterns year after year.
- 1987: Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. is showcased on the children’s educational show “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood”. The visit was part of a week-long series by the popular children’s show on the subject of “dance”. The show consisted of a factory tour and in-depth description of the technical operations of children’s footwear manufacturing. (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood 1987 Episode 3)
- 2000: Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. partners with the popular European brand, RICOSTA® of Germany. This marks the first distribution partnership for Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. RICOSTA® is one of Germany’s largest manufacturers of children’s shoes and due to the brand’s commitment to producing the highest-quality, fitted footwear, was a natural fit for Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. is the exclusive distributor of RICOSTA® in the United States of America.
- 2006: Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. partners with Tsukihoshi® of Japan. Tsukihoshi® is a brand from one of the oldest and largest children’s shoe suppliers in Japan, having been producing footwear since 1873. Tsukihoshi® was one of the first “functional” children’s specific athletic brands in the US, offering styles where each item is machine-washable, ultra-lightweight, and features removable-green tea extract deodorizing insoles. This functionality and the brand’s vibrant color combinations effectively changed the US market. Tsukihoshi® remains one of the leading brands in children’s athletics today.
- 2016: Badorf Shoe Company, Inc. transitions to becoming the exclusive Authorized Sales Agent, third party logistics and wholesale customer service provider for Tsukihoshi® in the United States of America.