Soft Motion Jodie (First Walking) Shoe - Grey
Regular price Sale price $ 52.99
Unit price / per
As everyday-essential as the milk-and-power-nap combo, our Stride Rite Soft Motion Jodie shoes are a baby’s best friend. The genuine leather upper is crafted with the gentlest rounded edges, and finished inside with a cushy memory foam footbed. Add an adjustable hook-and-loop closure, odor-fighting linings and a comfortable seamless construction, and your little one will have no problem adding these into the rotation.
- Baby's casual leather shoes in an everyday neutral color scheme
- APMA approved and built for first-time walkers
- Ortholite® memory foam footbed for extra comfort
- Seamless construction to cradle their natural shape
- Flexible, rounded, slip-resistant soles encourage natural motion and help improve balance
- Easy on-and-off with an oversized opening and hook-and-loop closure
- Anti-microbial, recycled material linings help reduce odor
Leather Care Instructions
- Brush off dry dirt
- Use a damp cloth with a little mild detergent
- Stuff shoes with newspaper and air dry
- Treat leather with conditioner, if desired
stride rite kids shoe size chart
You can also trace your kid’s feet and convert the measurements to their ideal shoe size with our Step by Step Size Guide.
PRINT Stride Rite Size Guide: click on image to print as a pdf.
Remember to print at 100% or actual size to ensure the most accurate measurement.
fitting tips and tricks for parents
We could go on all day about the dos and don’ts of shoe shopping with kids. When it comes to finding the perfect fit, here are a few of our favorite hacks:
- don’t measure in the morning. feet naturally swell during the day. so, it’s best to try on new shoes after kids have been running around for a few hours.
- don't buy shoes that are too big. putting a kid in shoes that are too big can have unintended consequences when it comes to proper foot development. kids' feet do grow fast, but putting growing feet in the wrong size shoe just to get a few months of extra wear really isn't worth the risk.
- don't buy them too small, either. the one exception to the rule of buying true-to-size is when your kid's feet are two different sizes or in-between sizes. in either case, always go with the bigger size to avoid squishing their feet!
- do get involved. you know your kid best. during a shoe fitting, ask your kid how the shoes feel on their feet, and check each area of the shoe yourself to made sure they fit just right.
- do more than stand and walk. the best way to gauge a shoe's true fit is to watch them in action. ask your kid to jump, dance and jog around when they're trying on shoes so you can see how they move.
- do get a second opinion. get hands-on help finding the right fit for your kid's new shoes at any authorized stride rite dealer. Fit experts are trained to know all the right places to check.