OBERMEYER WARRANTY & REPAIRS
Obermeyer offers a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Obermeyer's non-transferable warranty applies to items purchased by the original owner, with proof of purchase through an Authorized Obermeyer Dealer.
Obermeyer's Limited Lifetime Warranty means that your product will be free of manufacturer defects for a practical lifespan of each product—in other words, not that the product will last your lifetime, but the typical lifespan of each item.
Product lifespan is determined by product type, frequency of use, and care of the product. All textiles and soft goods eventually show signs of typical wear-and-tear, which is not covered under our warranty.
HOW WILL OBERMEYER ASSESS MY GARMENT'S CONDITION?
First, we will determine if the garment is under warranty coverage. At Obermeyer's sole discretion, we will first try to repair a warrantied item; if we can't repair the item, we'll replace it at equal value. Be advised that Obermeyer will repair to functional utility, however sometimes a repair looks like a repair. Zippers, pulls, logos, and snaps will be repaired or replaced to the best of our ability and resources. For example, sometimes Obermeyer’s original designs feature custom colors or snaps we may no longer have in stock. We do not perform personal alterations.WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER OBERMEYER'S LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY?
This warranty does not cover, including but not limited to things like:
• Damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear-and-tear, incorrect laundering, natural UV fading of colors, or natural breakdown of colors and materials over time and/or usage.
• Apparel slashed by ski edges or terrain.
• Goose down feather pull-through is normal and not warrantied.
• Faux fur.
• Damage to water repellent coatings due to duct tape, melting, or abrasion.
• Purchases through consumer resale sites such as Craig's List, eBay, or used clothing stores.
• Counterfeit products.
HOW DO I START A WARRANTY CLAIM OR REPAIR?
Follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com. Please include multiple photos of the defective item clearly showing the damage and the overall garment, along with style information, and your shipping address.
- Alternatively, you may take the product in to the authorized Obermeyer dealer where it was originally purchased. Remember to bring your receipt and note that individual stores’ policies may vary.
- If you are asked to send in your Obermeyer garment for repair you must wash the garment. Government regulations require that all garments be cleaned before returning, or they will be returned as-is, un-repaired.
- Write the WARR ticket number clearly on the outside of the box, and ship the product to:
Sport Obermeyer Warranty
14185 East 42nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80239
Note: This must be written as 3 lines like a typical address on a letter, as it stands out more clearly.
Please include your name, telephone number, and street address (no P.O. boxes) with the shipment.
How long does a typical warranty repair order take?
Depending on the time of year, you may expect a 2-4-week turnaround. Winter is our busiest repair time, so please plan for longer turnaround times. If you need your item repaired in a hurry please check in advance to see if we can accommodate your request.
Who pays for the shipping on a return?
Obermeyer is happy to cover return shipping and the cost of repair on qualifying warranty claims. Shipping to Obermeyer is your responsibility. Obermeyer recommends shipping with a service that can provide tracking information - we are not responsible for packages lost in transit to Obermeyer.
• In Europe, Obermeyer offers a 2-year policy and is subject to individual country's laws and regulations.
• Within the U.S., rights under U.S. warranty laws vary state-to-state.
• In Canada, warranty rights may vary by province.
Can I order a replacement zip-off sleeve, goggle wipe, belt, hood, etc. for my jacket or pant?
Unfortunately due to storage, production, and constantly evolving designs, we cannot replace lost components.